Truck Rollover Accidents
Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers serving tulsa
Truck rollover accidents can be catastrophic. At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, we are passionate about helping our clients seek the highest amount of compensation available. If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck rollover accident, it is important to get in touch with one of our Tulsa truck accident attorneys as soon as possible to start building your case.
Call us today at (918) 721-0998 to receive a free initial consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Rollovers
Commercial trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. If they tip over, they can cause extensive damage to nearby vehicles. Victims of truck rollover crashes could suffer traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord trauma, burns, lacerations, internal organ damage, and other serious and catastrophic injuries.
Truck rollovers may be caused by:
- Driver error. Rollovers often result from reckless or careless driving. Speeding, making improper turns or lane changes, drifting into a soft shoulder, or driving over a curb could cause the truck to lose balance and tip over. Driver inattention and drowsiness accounts for about 20% of all rollover accidents.
- Poor maintenance. According to a study conducted by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than half of truck rollover crashes were caused by a brake defect. Trucking companies and drivers must inspect and maintain the vehicles before each trip. Failing to maintain a truck could lead to faulty brakes and other issues that may cause a rollover.
- Improperly loaded cargo. Overloaded or imbalanced cargo could also cause the truck to tip over, especially when going around turns. In one study, more than 90% of rollover accidents involved trucks that only carried partial loads. Properly loading and securing cargo is important to prevent a rollover.
Who Is Responsible for a Truck Rollover Accident?
Trucking companies, truck drivers, maintenance crews, and cargo loading companies may be held responsible for a rollover accident. It is important to conduct a thorough investigation to determine who is responsible. Our Tulsa truck accident lawyers will work diligently to pursue justice against negligent parties.
In order to prevent truck rollovers, truck drivers must:
- Go slow around turns
- Inspect the vehicle before each trip
- Avoid distracted and drowsy driving
- Ensure loads are properly secured
If a negligent or reckless driver caused your accident, we will help you file a claim to seek justice. On the other hand, if improper maintenance or unsecured cargo caused the crash, we will help you hold trucking companies and maintenance crews accountable. Depending on the situation, you may be able to receive a settlement for lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, disability, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages.
Call Our Tulsa Truck Accident Lawyers Today at (918) 721-0998
Saint & Watzke, PLLP provides efficient representation to clients injured in truck accidents. Commercial truck wrecks can have devastating consequences, and rollovers may lead to serious injuries. If you have been injured in a truck rollover accident, our Tulsa truck accident attorneys will discuss your options for pursuing compensation. We will help determine who is responsible and will handle the legal issues of your case so you can focus on healing.
Contact us today to discuss your case with a member of our team. We offer free consultations to all prospective clients.