Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Tulsa
Providing Fierce Legal Representation on Behalf of the Elderly
It is estimated that there are over two million cases of elder abuse that occur every year and that almost one out of every ten elderly individuals experience some form of elder abuse. Given that many of us are not able to provide the round-the-clock care our elderly loved one generally need, especially if they have degenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, it is likely you will have to find a nursing home that will care for them. What happens if they are abused or neglected by their caregivers?
At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, our Tulsa nursing home abuse attorneys in Tulsa will provide the skilled and aggressive representation you need to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions.
If your elderly loved one was harmed by a trusted nursing home caregiver, call Saint & Watzke, PLLP today at (918) 721-0998 and schedule your free initial consultation.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home abuse can come in many forms, including physical, emotional, sexual, financial, and even neglect. Regardless if it is intentional or a result of an understaffed facility, you can still pursue compensation and justice for your loved one.
Below are some of the signs of the various forms of abuse many elderly individuals face in nursing homes:
Signs of Physical Abuse:
- Unexplained broken bones and sprains
- Bruising, scars, or welts
- Not taking medications properly
- Broken eyeglasses
- Restraint marks on the elderly person’s wrists
- Refusal of a caregiver to leave you alone with your elderly loved one
Signs of Emotional Abuse:
- Unusual behavior, such as thumb sucking, mumbling, or rocking
- Withdrawn attitude
- Witnessing belittling behavior from the caregiver
Signs of Sexual Abuse:
- Unexplained STDs or genital infections
- Bruising near the genitals or around the breasts
- Stained or torn underwear
- Vaginal or anal bleeding that is not related to a medical condition
Signs of Neglect:
- Unusual weight loss or dehydration
- Bed sores
- Dirty clothing or poor hygiene
- Unsafe living conditions
- Inappropriately dressed for the weather
Signs of Financial Exploitation:
- Changes in power of attorney
- Strange subscriptions the elderly person could not have signed up for
- Unexplained withdrawals from the elderly person’s account
- Changes in the elderly person’s financial situation
It is important for relatives of elderly loved ones to visit them as frequently as time allows them to. Being able to interact with and observe your loved one will help you detect any signs of abuse or neglect, so you can take action as soon as possible.
Work with an Experienced Tulsa Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today!
At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, our nursing home abuse attorneys in Tulsa are here to provide you with the skilled and knowledgeable representation you need to obtain the compensation and justice your family deserves. If you believe your elderly loved one is being abused or neglected by the nursing home caregivers you entrusted their wellbeing to, reach out to our law firm.
Get started on your case and call our office today at (918) 721-0998 and schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.