Tulsa Hit & Run Accident Lawyers
Get Help From Our Experienced Personal Injury Team Today
While a car accident can be devastating by itself, this devastation is compounded when the person who hit your car flees the scene. Unfortunately, some people will do whatever they can to escape accountability for an accident, including running away from the person they have injured.
Hit and runs are among the most stressful types of accidents you can be involved in, especially if you are left alone and in pain from your injuries. This act is not only disgraceful, it’s against the law and can result in harsh penalties. Hit and run accidents are more common than most people realize, and whether it’s a pedestrian that has been hit or another vehicle, these types of accidents can cause severe, life-altering injuries.
Common Types of Hit & Run Injuries
A hit and run accident can be a traumatic experience, both physically and emotionally. Numerous injuries can be suffered in a hit and run accident, including:
- Brain & Head Injuries: Blunt force trauma to the head is common in a hit and run accident. Drivers and passengers often hit their heads against dashboards, windows, steering wheels, and other hard surfaces in the car. Head trauma can cause long-term traumatic brain injuries.
- Neck Injuries: Whiplash is commonly experienced in these accidents, which causes neck and back pain, headaches, and pain in the shoulders. In serious whiplash cases, a person might suffer cervical dislocation or a disc injury, which requires extensive medical treatments like surgery and physiotherapy.
- Facial Injuries: Much like head injuries, facial injuries like lacerations and broken bones can be caused from striking against windows, steering wheels, and dashboards. These injuries can also be inflicted from broken glass and other types of accident debris.
- Spinal Cord & Back Injuries: Spinal cord injuries often occur when a car is hit from behind. Sprains in your back, herniated discs, and fractured vertebrae can all be painful. Back injury symptoms can sometimes be delayed, so see a doctor if you experience pain long after your accident.
- Psychological Injuries: When a hit and run accident results in a serious injury or death, it can have a long lasting psychological impact. Victims who have been left injured after a hit and run can experience vivid flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, and nightmares which trigger feelings of intense distress, sweating, and nausea.
Common Causes of Hit & Run Accidents
There is no excuse to leave the scene after a car accident. However, to create a legal strategy that will maximize your compensation, it is important to understand why a person fled from the accident. Drivers sometimes leave the scene of an accident for the following reasons:
- The driver doesn’t have insurance
- The driver was under the influence of alcohol
- The driver was under the influence of illegal drugs
- The driver does not have a driver’s license
- There is a warrant out for the driver’s arrest
If you or a loved one has been injured in a hit and run accident, you should speak with our team about what legal options are available for you.
Consult with Our Tulsa Team. Call (918) 721-0998 Today.
The personal injury lawyers at Saint & Watzke, PLLP are prepared to help you secure the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. We have the skills, resources, and experience that you need to file a successful injury claim and recuperate your accident damages. Our legal team will be by your side throughout your entire case to ensure that your rights and interests are fully protected.
Contact our Tulsa hit and run accident lawyersto schedule your free initial consultation.