Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Helping Clients In Tulsa Pursue Compensation For Their Injuries
Accidents caused by drunk drivers are responsible for nearly 1/3 of all motor vehicle related deaths in the United States. What’s worse, many of the drivers responsible for these fatal accidents are repeat DUI offenders. Although 1.4 million drivers are arrested each year for driving under the influence, 30-35% of all traffic deaths can be linked to a motorist operating their vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
Drivers under the influence of alcohol pose a great threat because they can potentially inflict catastrophic injuries upon other motorists and pedestrians on or near the road. As experienced drunk driving accident attorneys, we are committed to helping those who have suffered devastating injuries caused by drunk drivers seek the compensation they deserve. We understand the many difficulties that come with recovering from accident injuries, which is why we will fight to make sure the reckless party is held accountable for their actions and reimburses you for your damages.
Common injuries sustained in drunk driving accidents include:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries to the spine can be severe and might result in partial or complete paralysis. A back injury can also cause discs to rupture or slip, which can cause nerve damage and extreme pain.
- Leg & Knee Injuries: These types of injuries tend to happen in side-impact collisions. Broken bones, shattered knees, and torn ligaments can impact a person’s ability to walk for the rest of their life, making it difficult for them to live a lifestyle similar to the one they had before the accident.
- Neck Injuries: While whiplash is the most widely reported neck injury, there are others that can cause serious disfigurement or permanent damage. In some drunk driving accidents, people experience damage to their trachea or larynx, which can make eating, breathing, and moving a complicated task.
- Chest Injuries: The ribcage and sternum are commonly damaged in high-speed crashes, which is why it important to always wear your seatbelt whenever you get into a motor vehicle. Seatbelts protect your chest from colliding with the dashboard or steering wheel. Additionally, a person’s vital organs can be puncture by broken bones during an accident.
- Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can occur when the accident causes a person’s neck to jolt or when their head strikes a hard object like a window, steering wheel, or dashboard. Projectiles that penetrate the skull can also result in traumatic brain injuries.
Let Us Help You Seek Damages
If you have been injured by a drunk driver, you have the right to seek financial compensation for the damages you sustained. You can be compensated for your:
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Treatments
- Lost Wages
- Pain & Suffering
- Property Damage
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our lawyers might even be able to pursue punitive damages under your injury claim. These types of damages can substantially increase the amount of compensation you are eligible for and makes an example of the drunk driver who injured you.
Speak with a Tulsa Accident Attorney Today. Call (918) 721-0998.
At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, we are dedicated to helping clients in Tulsa and surrounding areas pursue legal action against reckless drunk drivers. Our skilled legal team is familiar with these types of cases and we are here to provide you with legal advice and solutions so that you can get through this difficult time. If you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, you should immediately consult with our legal professionals.
Contact our team of Tulsa drunk driving accident lawyersto set up your free case consultation today.