Property owners are legally obligated to ensure their premises is safely maintained for visitors, customers, and tenants. Unfortunately, some property owners are negligent when it comes to caring for their premises and they fail to fix problems that can potentially cause another person to suffer a serious injury. When someone is injured because a property owner failed to properly maintain their premises, the property owner can be held liable for the damages their negligent actions caused.
The attorneys at Saint & Watzke, PLLP are here to help you secure the compensation you need to cover any of the following things:
- Medical Expenses
- Loss of Income
- Pain & Suffering
- Wrongful Death
Our team of Sapulpa premises liability lawyers can investigate the circumstances of your injury, and we will collect crucial evidence to determine the best course of legal action for you. No matter if we settle your case out of court or take it all the way to trial, we will stand by your side the entire way.
Premises Liability Law in Oklahoma
In the state of Oklahoma, premises liability law dictates the legal responsibility of property owners when a visitor or tenant is injured on their premises. These responsibilities usually depend on which of the following categories the injured party falls under:
- Invitees: These are people who were invited onto the property. Owners owe their guests the highest duty of care and need to take necessary precautions to see that the invitee is always safe. Property owners must also warn invitees of any hazardous conditions they know of on their premises.
- Licensees: People who enter the premises for business purposes are considered licensees. Just like invitees, property owners have to warn licensees of hidden dangers present on their premises. However, the owner isn’t obligated to fix hazards for a licensee.
- Trespassers: An individual who enters a property without the owner’s consent is considered a trespasser. If the trespasser is an adult, the property owner doesn’t have to warn them about dangers that are present on the premises. However, if the trespasser is a child, the property owner is legally obligated to let them know about safety hazards on the premises.
Our Sapulpa personal injury lawyers take on the flowing premises liability cases:
- Slips & Falls
- Fire & Burn Injuries
- Negligent Security
- Dog Bites
- Swimming Pool Accidents
- Elevator & Escalator Accidents
- Toxic Chemical Exposure
- Inadequate Maintenance
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Commercial Property Accidents
Speak to Our Sapulpa Team Today. Call (918) 721-0998.
Our skilled lawyers can help you or a loved one who has suffered a serious injury on another person’s property secure the compensation you are entitled to. Not matter if the injury was sustained on private or public property, we can determine which party is responsible and make sure they are held accountable under the law. Our legal team will create a legal strategy that is tailored to meet the needs of your situation. Let our experienced attorneys get started on your case as soon as possible.
Contact our Sapulpa personal injury lawyersto request your free case consultation with our friendly legal professionals.