Whenever we go to the doctors for a routine checkup, we are usually under the impression that the medical professionals we encounter are capable of performing their job duties to the best of their abilities. Unfortunately, cases in which a healthcare provider or hospital fails to maintain a reasonable level of care for the people they serve happen more often than you might be aware of. When medical professionals neglect their responsibilities, the people in their care can end up suffering debilitating and fatal injuries.
The injuries sustained in medical malpractice cases can be life altering, which is why it is important to consult with an experienced lawyer if you believe you have experienced medical malpractice. The legal team at Saint & Watzke, PLLP can help you hold the negligent party or parties responsible for the harm that was inflicted upon you.
Let Us Handle Your Medical Malpractice Claim
Medical malpractice has occurred whenever a healthcare provider or medical professional doesn’t meet the reasonable standard of care necessary to treat a patient, or to prevent them from experiencing further harm. “Negligence,” in medical malpractice cases, means that the healthcare provider failed to do what another qualified medical professional would have done in a similar situation.
Medical malpractice cases need the following to be present in order to establish negligence:
- The existence of a duty owed by the medical professional or healthcare provider to the plaintiff
- Proof that the accepted standard of care was never met by the healthcare professional
- A distinct and clear link between the health care professional's deviation from the standard of care and the injury the patient suffered
The following are examples of common medical malpractice cases:
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Trauma
- Transfusion Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Misdiagnosis or Delayed Diagnosis
- Improper Reading of X-rays or Test Results
- Failing to Obtain a Patient’s Consent
- Infections from Treatment
- Misuse of a Medical Device or Implant
- Pressure Ulcers
- Prescribed Medication Errors
- Failure to Monitor a Patient
- Not Ordering Proper Tests or Treatments
Speak to Our Lawyers. Call (918) 721-0998 Today.
At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, we can help you conduct a thorough investigation of your injury or illness to determine what forms of compensation you might be entitled to. Our legal team has the resources you need to collect evidence and develop a strong legal strategy. We are ready to take on those who have wronged you, both inside and outside of court. Let us put our skills to work for you.
Contact our Sapulpa medical malpractice attorneysto set up a free case evaluation today.