Broken Arrow Premises Liability Attorneys
Injured on Someone Else’s Property in Oklahoma?
Property owners are obligated to maintain the safety of their premises for visitors, customers, and tenants. However, if owners fail to conduct adequate maintenance or fix a problem that results in the injury or death of another person, they can be held liable for their negligent actions.
At Saint & Watzke, PLLP, we can help you recover the compensation necessary to cover medical costs, loss of income, pain and suffering, and even wrongful death. Our Broken Arrow personal injury attorneys can investigate your accident, gather critical evidence, and determine the best course of legal action. Whether we settle your case inside or outside of the courtroom, we are on your side from start to finish.
How Does Oklahoma Law Define Premises Liability?
In Oklahoma, the premises liability law establishes the legal obligations of property owners and occupiers when accidents and injuries occur. These responsibilities generally depend on the status of the injured party as an invitee, licensee, or trespasser.
- An invitee is someone who is invited onto the property. Property owners owe invitees the highest duty of care and must take every precaution to make sure the invitee is safe at all times and warn them of any known or hazardous conditions on the premises.
- A licensee is an individual who enters the premises for their own purposes, typically to conduct business, and is present at the owner’s consent. Property owners are responsible for warning licensees of any hidden dangers. However, owners are not required to fix these hazards.
- A trespasser is someone who enters the premises without any right or consent. Property owners are not obligated to warn adult trespassers about hidden hazards. However, owners do have a high duty of care if the trespasser is a child.
- The types of premises liability cases our Broken Arrow injury lawyers handle include, but not limited to, the following:
- Slip and fall
- Negligent security
- Fire injuries
- Dog bites
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
Obtain Legal Services from Our Broken Arrow Personal Injury Lawyers Today
Whether you were injured on private or public property, we can figure out who is responsible and devise a vigorous and customized legal strategy to recover your entitled compensation. It is imperative to retain legal counsel as soon as possible.
Contact us and request a free consultation today.