Attorney James Watzke believes his key to success is the combination of his life experience with his strong work ethic and knowledge of the law. What truly separates him from other attorneys who have only practiced the law is his prior career as a police officer.
Mr. Watzke’s experience as an officer of the law has offered many benefits to his clients. He has firsthand knowledge on how cases should be investigated. He is aware of the mistakes that are made during an investigation that can lead to wrongful arrests or a violation of a person's constitutional rights. Additionally, during his career, he mediated thousands of disputes. This ability to negotiate and mediate often highly contentious matters has allowed him to work well with the Courts, as well as opposing counsel, to get successful outcomes for clients.
Mr. Watzke has received extensive leadership training and is able to put those skills into practice as an attorney. This experience has helped him become a leader in the legal field and allowed him to earn a high level of respect in the Oklahoma legal community.
Call (918) 721-0998 today to talk directly to our lawyer and set up a free consultation!
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, OK - Juris Doctor with Honors- 2011
- University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, B.A. - Political Science -1992
- Delivered presentation at the Oklahoma Bar Association annual meeting regarding law students and professionalism in the practice of law - 2010
- Member of Phi Delta Phi honors fraternity - Tulsa University College of Law - 2009- Present
- Received Superior Service Citation from Austin Police Department-2003
- Received Honorable Conduct Citation from Austin Police Department-2008
- Received 100 Club of Austin award for service on Violent Crimes Task Force-1999
- Admitted in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Admitted in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Admitted in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma
- Admitted in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Certified in the Administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST)
- Certificate of Mediation - Texas State University Graduate School - 2008
- Family Relations Mediation Certificate - University of Tulsa College of Law - 2011
- Texas Master Peace Officer Certification
- Certified Instructor by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards
- Graduate of Austin Police Department Leadership Academy